2.20.2020

Week Three of The Winter Sickness

LittleL.G. finally got over the flu, after a week of being sick. Of course, just at the tail end of her illness, both the boys came down with a bad cold and fever. And since little noses are very boogery and little hands touch everything- especially Mommy faces- I came down with it as well. While it may not have been the flu, it was certainly the worst I've felt in a long while.

Gram came to the rescue, as usual. I am so lucky to have her! She came to collect the girls for a "just girls" sleep over at her house. It had been in the works but getting sick threw it off course. It seemed a little crazy to send LittleL.G. since she had been so sick for so long. The deciding factor was realizing none of their friends would want to see them anyway because they were afraid of our germs. So off they went to spend the weekend with Gram and Grumpy.

I moped around the house feeling icky while Daddy tried to keep the little guys from following me everywhere. While these little monsters appear to be cute and cuddly and adorable...




They are definitely a lot of work. Especially without the girls around. Especially when they do things like this:

We survived the weekend but when it came time to face the week solo with just the boys (no big sisters to help care for or entertain them) and I was still feeling terrible and somehow we had to get the girls home, I decided to just hop in the car and drive us to NH where at least the boys could play with the girls and my mom could take care of me. Isn't that all anyone wants when they are sick? Is for your mom to take care of you?

It was definitely the right decision! The kids were so excited to see each other. By the time we got there the boys were much improved and I got a little bit of a break. 







By Wednesday I was feeling well enough that we were able to do a few fun things while we were there like take tubes to the sledding hill and spend the afternoon at the trampoline park. 










Now, back home... to keep getting well and get back in the swing of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment