8.31.2020

The First Day of School!

It's hard to believe that we are starting a new school year with a fourth grader, a first grader and a preschooler! This year, especially, we are feeling so fortunate that we are homeschooling. It's going to be a wild ride. 

This photo sums up how I expect the year to go:

It took me 15 minutes to wrangle everyone to the same spot, close enough that I could fit them in the frame.

I instantly started taking as many photos as I possibly could while shouting ridiculous things, making silly faces and telling jokes to try to get everyone to laugh, while also reminding the boys to stay there and look over here. 

Within 30 seconds, the boys had disappeared and were off playing.

This is the best I got:



It was much easier keeping one kid in line at a time, the girls being the easiest. SlimJim couldn't be bothered with a first day photo and only wanted to play with an umbrella. Mr.T. didn't need a first day picture, so he only has photos with his umbrella.




We made it through day one. I wouldn't say, "nailed it!" But "made it!" is good enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment