11.18.2019

My Boys

It was probably a week after coming home with Mr.T. that SlimJim hardly remembered a time without a baby in the house. He has always been so much more accepting of the baby than I expected. 

Now that Mr.T. is behaving more like a toddler than an infant, SlimJim isn't having any of it. Mr.T. crawls, he plays with toys, he sits on my lap, and most of all he is always being carried in "that space" that SlimJim wants, regardless of which arm I'm holding him in. 

When they are together the yells of, "No Baby!!" and "Mine!" fill the air until SlimJim gets so fed up he pushes Mr.T. away (or down, or in the face) and the yells turn to happy babbling mixed with baby crying.

When I drew the bath tonight, I wasn't surprised SlimJim wanted "No Baby!" in the tub. But everyone needed a wash, so in he went. And I enjoyed every minute of watching them tolerate each other for the whole. entire. time. Not one, "No Baby!"

Sounds like we need more baths in our lives!


No comments:

Post a Comment