10.13.2014

While We Are Waiting

Waiting for a baby is exciting, but especially with a preschooler, probably the most stressful thing I’ve experienced.  When is it going to happen?  What will I do with MiniM.E.?  Will I have time to wait for my mom to come watch her, or will I have to fall back on friends to cover until she arrives?  How will the labor go- long, short, painful, less painful?  When will I leave for the hospital?  Will I have complications like last time?  How will MiniM.E. do while I’m gone?  How will she adjust when we come home?  How long will we have to stay at the hospital?

All the unknowns make me more than on edge so we’ve been trying to keep busy, but not too busy because carrying around a 40+ week baby is making me exhausted and uncomfortable.

We went to a going away brunch for our friends that are moving to California.  It was bittersweet- nice to see all our friends because we haven’t seen everyone together in a while, but sad that one was leaving.


We went to Sunnyside Gardens again.  I was hoping the bumpy train ride might induce labor, but no such luck.







Over the weekend my mom and sister visited since my sister had the week off from work, hoping I would have the baby and she could be here… again no such luck, but it was nice to have them.  Definitely peace of mind knowing my mom was here just in case and a good distraction from waiting on Baby#2.

We painted faces… 




went to Flavorfeast in Saratoga… 
on the trolley

and managed another trip to Ellms where again, I was hoping the walking would induce labor.  No such luck. (Maybe it was because I really wasn't feeling that well and I sat most of the time and let Daddy and Gram and Auntie Jen do all the work.  I didn't even take pictures...)


My sister had to drive back to NH for work Sunday night, but had an inkling that something would happen and didn’t want to miss it so once she got there she rearranged her work schedule and drove back here with my dad.  She has until Wednesday off so the pressure is on Baby#2- time to come out!

No comments:

Post a Comment