6.25.2016

What A Week

Our summer is filling up quickly, as it always does. I imagine weeks of lazy days with nothing planned, just spontaneously driving up to the lake or lounging by the pool... and then I remember I have kids.

But this last week was about as close to a lazy summer week as we could get.  We stayed home most of the week, played in the yard, swam in the kiddie pool out back with some friends and just hung around.  It was actually very nice and relaxing... if you don't take into account that I also decided to potty train starting Monday.

I have to admit, the first few days were extremely rocky. By the end of the day Tuesday I thought I was crazy for trying to train LittleL.G. so young and by Wednesday I'd thrown in the towel and had her back in diapers.

But she had a different idea of how it was going to play out. I put a diaper on her Wednesday and dinner and she stayed dry until Thursday morning- possibly out of the fear that I would make her use the dreaded potty. But after that she was (almost) accident free from then on (there was that one incident where she peed on the bridge at the playground, but I don't think I would have used that public bathroom at her age either and Mommy forgot the potty in the car). I'd like to take all the credit, but she pretty much trained herself.

So that was our week.

So proud of LittleL.G.!

We finally left the house Thursday to go to our favorite Milton playground.

And Friday we dropped Daddy off at work and went to a playground nearby.






No comments:

Post a Comment