6.02.2016

Preschool Graduation

Yesterday MiniM.E. graduated from preschool.  She also "graduated" from preschool last year, but this year was a much bigger deal since MiniM.E. is now officially NOT a preschooler and is excited to tell anyone and everyone that she is now a kindergartener.

Many of the parents at graduation were sad that preschool is ending and their kids will be off at kindergarten next year.  Some will be sending their kids to pre-K at the same preschool next year.

As much as I would like to say it was a tearful event, I have been counting down to the end of school for months now.  Not that I don't LOVE MiniM.E.'s school or her teacher, they are both wonderful and I couldn't have chosen a better place for MiniM.E., but I have been dragging her (often times crying or kicking and screaming) to school every Monday, Wednesday and Friday since September and there is not even a tiny part of me that is sad not to have to do it again.  I'm sure she will miss school sometimes.  I know she will miss her teacher.  And maybe some of her friends.  But it is time to move on to a new adventure.

big squeeze from her teacher

handing out flowers to her classmates

snacking solo


After our exciting morning we celebrated "graduation" with a trip to the toy store and dinner out at the Lake Local.




No comments:

Post a Comment