2.08.2016

An Afternoon at the Airport

Today we spent most of the afternoon at the airport.  Daddy left for a two week business trip to Dresden and unlike last time he left, we were all well enough to drop him off.

MiniM.E. was beyond excited to see the planes take off and land.  I guess the last time we were at an airport she was too little to remember?  It was too cute.  I wish I had a video... but lately I've had a hard time keeping up with taking photos.  I think I am so involved in what's happening I forget I'm supposed to be documenting! If I was always behind the camera I wouldn't get to experience the girls in the same way, so when I look back and wish I had something recorded I have to remind myself it wouldn't have been the same if I wasn't participating.

We watched planes with Daddy for a while, then we got to see him go through security.  Albany Airport has a really neat observation floor where you can see all the workings of the security check point and MiniM.E. was really interested in what they were doing.  It was especially exciting to see Daddy go through the 3D scanner.

And then we waited for his plane to take off.  And waited.  And waited.  And rode the escalator 8 times. And waited. And bought a donut.  And waited.


And finally we got to see Daddy take off!

It was too cute, MiniM.E. started bawling that she didn't want Daddy to leave and she wanted him to come back.  Adorable.


No comments:

Post a Comment