10.19.2011

We're Home!

After another unit of blood on Monday, my numbers were finally high enough yesterday for the Dr. to say it was okay for us to leave!

It's so nice to be home.  Not that I didn't like being taken care of (though I do prefer privacy in the bathroom), or the extra attention from the "drama" I caused at the hospital (however, it is nice to wear actual clothes when talking with people), but there's only so much to do in a hospital room and it was tiny and I was some real food.

MiniM.E. didn't seem too excited to leave.  Apparently being a baby is rough- all that sleeping and eating and cuddling... but dressing has to be the worst.

I didn't think it was possible, but she is SO much cuter in clothes!


I couldn't help myself and had to take photos of everything...

Frowny car-seat face
Getting comfy and buckled in

In the car
 So far, it looks like MiniM.E. will be an excellent traveller- she seemed to love the car ride home (as shown by sleeping the whole time). 

Once we got here, she met the cats.  Hysterical!!  They sniffed and sniffed and cautiously approached... the hair on the back of their necks stood up and they fearfully backed away... Looks like it will take a while for them to get used to the new member of our family.


So, we've been taking it easy the past day and half... eating real food, lying on the couch, cuddling lots and sleeping - but only in 3-5 hour increments!  I still can't believe that I'm actually a mommy and that we really get to keep MiniM.E.  :)  Now back to recovering...

1 comment:

  1. Animals + new baby is always a funny experience. Glad you are home! Let me know if you would like a dinner delivered to your haus. Get some rest and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete